Caring for Your Aging Parent - How To Walk A Mile in their shoes Wednesday, March 17, 2010


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Nursing is one of the most challenging roles you undertake. It is now or as a caregiver, you know that there will in the near future, there are some techniques that might be found
useful.

If you are a carer of elderly parents, spouses, siblings or a loved one, many emotions must be equal.

Frustration and anger that her character back ugly. Even if you think you are such a good character, as
come to think again. This is quite natural.

Do not let theThe blame for these feelings overwhelm you when they occur. Just keep repeating again and again, "I'm not a bad person. This is normal. I'll get through it."

My mother depended on me for many years. Was caregiver to my father for many years, I
are the first person to see what to do in the future would be.

At first it was more cause psychological dependence. In the last years of his life, was like my baby.

Mother lived with me for years longer than I admit care. Perhaps Ireally forgotten. As can
I know that life with someone a long time 'other than remote assistance.

In addition, the mother-daughter dynamic is sitting on the proverbial powder keg at a time.

We went from me, addressed to go to his cell phone when they had to inform of the time
eligible for adult diapers.

Emotions ranged from envy. (She looked better than I do when I'm out socializing! Heck, there was no time
left meprimp.)

Trouble. Them. Me. Vivo. Then back to sadness and depression. Both.

In recent years, I was finally behind him. Duh Any negative emotion I felt, I breathe deeply. Yes, it really works.

Then I would look objectively at my mother. I remember the photos taken of her as a child and a young woman. And, I just put myself in their shoes.

This woman, once left out of the grass mowed. Playing with his brothers.He chuckled to do stupid things.

Grew. Married. It was a special woman. Accepted me. And I sit with my adolescence. Sure, we had problems. I have never seen a family with no dysfunction.

So I expect to see this old lady and her soul. Your old body rebelled against her, but her soul was still put on children in this world, where he endured many difficult years.

I know it's difficult. There are moments when you think your aging parents send Off The Deep EndBut stop and remember them. The way they were.

They did not want them. My mother said, "Oh, to be 70 again!" When I would stop if "scrubbed", I remember the hard work, energetic woman who has always been the concern of others.

Groped the experiment, if your feelings inside you know it's easy for me to say. Now. Mother died last year.

And I miss him terribly. I want to continue to embrace.

Go hug your aging parents. And remember the good times ...

(c) 2007Karen Cook

0 comments: