There is no place for the elderly Sunday, June 27, 2010


Image : http://www.flickr.com


I got into a conversation with a friend who works in a care facility. Your task is to ensure that residents follow their specialized nutrition plans. For example, some people are not allowed to salt, while others mixed to eat meals.

My friend told me about a dish, the food was returned to the kitchen yesterday. He returned with all his food, because the resident had died.

I shared with my friends a similar story. Many years ago, Iprovided our local newspaper the morning for additional revenue. My final step was a nursing facility. On average, each day I had ten participants.

Almost every month, I would at least have a subscription expires care center. canceled subscriptions are often caused by a resident had died.

Sometimes I felt like moments of sadness. Although I did not know personally know his name.

To me this is a journal paper only for residents ... meant more.

Residentlooks forward to their paper, it was their main link to news from the outside world.

For residents in a care facility, newspapers, and trays provide a way of life.
I told my friend that we still care profile as a place of work and nothing.

For people who live there, is at home.

Most people know the structure of care is their ultimate goal. After living a full life, not for long weekend trips and holidays in which hisBeach.

I have heard people express their fears of aging. To combat the aging process, people spend millions of dollars in plastic surgery, creams, drugs and everything else to get their youth.

Ask anyone care and will tell you who do not live in one. They believe, care homes are nothing more than a place for the old man, a place for people to die ... to enjoy being young and life seems miles away from the greeting of death or a wheelchairSurvival on food blended.

Nobody sees a diaper, wearing dentures or suffering from Alzheimer's. We do not know what the future brings. Our health can to a point where we will no longer capable of taking care of ourselves asking us to move fall in assisted care facility.

For now, you have good health and live at home, you should have some time to thank your Creator.

0 comments: