Caring for an elderly parent? Look for "For these early warning signs of Alzheimer's Saturday, April 17, 2010


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Dementia due to stroke my mother. He had Alzheimer's, but his doctor said, no matter the diagnosis, the results were the same. I took my mother in Minnesota, and was their family caregiver for nine years. Although he had an apartment in an assisted living High Rise, I had daily contact with her.

I also had regular meetings with employees. memory problems greater than my mother worried. At each conference, I asked: "It 's time to move my mother to breastfeedCare? "

"Not yet," came the reply. "We will tell you when."

Caring for my mother has become increasingly difficult. She was angry all the time was getting lost at the mercy of two types of hearing aids are, by other residents of food piled on the window sill, and was addicted spenders. All this while I tried to make their meager resources last. Sometimes I thought I'd die before my mother.

One winter evening, when the wind chill was 70 degrees below zero, my mother decidedleave. The mother called me to tell the message. "You want me no more," he exclaimed, "I'm going to visit friends on Long Island." But my friends who had spoken of all deaths. I called her doctor and he wrote the transfer orders for nursing.

Watching my mother taught me about Alzheimer's disease and the continued reduction of memory. What are the warning signs? The Alzheimer's Association has 10 warnings on its website. Among these problems with short-term memory,Difficulty with problem solving, they lose the ability to do familiar tasks, time and space problems, the inability to read to do, speech problems, losing things, poor insight, social withdrawal, and changes personality.

Mom had all these symptoms, but changes in his personality were the most difficult for me. During my childhood, we have sisters who were mother and daughter. Dementia enemies of us, and it broke my heart. Your heart may break now, if your loved ones personalitychanges.

The National Institute on Aging lists other symptoms of memory. One, the same question several times, reminded me of my mother. Your recurring question: "Will you take me shopping?" Every time I heard the question I grimaced. Telling her mother she was not more money had no effect. Continued opening of accounts for free and held me tight.

The problem with early signs of Alzheimer's disease is that many of them are characteristic of normal aging,According to a World Science website, "Alzheimer's warning signs appear years before the diagnosis." The article notes that Alzheimer's general deterioration and tends to a stable preclinical stage with a sharp decline in function to follow. "

You may already know. One thing you may not know - often people with Alzheimer's plateau for a while 'knowledge and then to come back. This may cause your application observations, namely, your mental health. So if you see an earlyWarning signs of Alzheimer's disease and write the date.

Knowing the early warning signs of Alzheimer's disease will help the caregiver and other family members prepare for what is ahead. you need to order items for home, organizing small living spaces, a desire to update, change track investments, banks can obtain the proxy, and other measures to protect your loved ones. These are hard times, but times are bitter. You return the love so long ago that was.

Copyright2009 by Harriet Hodgson

0 comments: